MagicJack Plus Tips and Tricks
If you're using or considering using a MagicJack Plus here are some tips and tricks to get the most out it. I've found these tips and tricks by first hand experience.
Tip/Trick No. 1:
Connect MagicJack Plus To Your Home Phone Land-Line
Most homes and apartments have existing hard wired telephone land-line connections with wall jacks. So if you were to call your local phone company and order telephone service, these are the same jacks that you'd connect any telephone to. But what most people don't know is that you can also connect up your MagicJack Plus to feed the MagicJack phone signal directly into your existing wall jacks. By doing so you can then connect a telephone to any existing phone jack located throughout your home. Thus you now won't be limited to using only one telephone handset connected directly to your MagicJack Plus device.
Follow these easy instructions:
- First setup your MagicJack Plus as instructed in the supplied Installation Manual.
- After setup is complete, plug in the supplied 110v-to-USB power adapter into a wall outlet.
- Now connect your MagicJack Plus into the 110v-to-USB adapter.
- Next, connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cord into your Router, and the second end of the Ethernet cord into your MagicJack Plus.
- Now connect any standard telephone cord into your MagicJack Plus, and connect the other end into any existing wall phone jack.
- You may now connect any telephone (including wireless handsets with a base) into any existing phone plug located throughout your home.
- Go to any phone in your house and verify everything is working. You should get a dial tone.
- TaaDaa. You're all done! :)
Is what makes this so easy is that most DSL routers come with a phone jack filer. On that filer one of connections goes to your DSL router, and the second you can plug a telephone into. It is this telephone connection you want to connect to your MagicJack Plus into.
Download PDF template MagicJack Tips & Tricks PDF
contact us to report broken links
We also have: MagicJack for XP, Vista, and 7 :: MagicJack for Windows 8 :: MagicJack for Windows 10
MagicJack for Apple Mac OS :: MagicJack for Apple iPad :: MagicJack for Apple iPhone
Topic: MagicJack Plus Tips and Tricks
Page 1 of 1